Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Jeez, That was NOT a holiday!

Yawn...

that is how i woke up today.

I am so NOT ready to open school. Everything that i experienced in the last two or so months seems like a blur to me. I won't lie about that!

Do you want to know why i didn't want to get up today morning?

It was so cold, i couldn't feel my toes. Yes, combine that with running around while looking for one shoe to take too a cobbler. Despite my decision being final, it was overruled.

Makes you wonder why you even bothered to explain and make a decision,

Right now i can tell you that i want nothing more than to go back to bed. the internet connection here is so slow. I am uploading another Youtube video as i update my blog. Multi-tasking at its best? i guess not.

Oh, so i have a wattpad account. Or two. Lord, i am so greedy, i admit i wanted to do something different and boom! I did! I have a fan, she is from Syria. Her enthusiasm for my stories makes me feel so special. Yes, squint all you want, i really don't care. It is what i did to pass the time. The means justify the ends. wait, i just said that to sound all fancy!

As i said, the holiday went by in a blur.

MAY.
I spent the last two weeks of the first month worrying over my proposal and my results. Did i tell you i went back to jogging on the last week of May to keep my weight down? Yeah, iot only happened like thrice in the last week.

JUNE
Yes, i think i was still jogging. I had cleared out the proposal and i was finally settling and adjusting to fit in with my holiday schedule. Which basically means: no schoolwork, just housework and loads of stretching feet time. I also started the worst behaviour in the world for a plus-size girl: dabbling in tea cup affairs. Yes, i love tea, but i cut down on it because if i don't, i can get really fat.

During the same month, we started to watch World Cup and I opened or re-opened my hair salon for family business.

I also got to see my eye-doctor and he recommended me to switch to contacts. Yes, i got a monthly pair in my eyes right now. Everything is so much clearer... watch me wave it all goodbye, goodbye...

JULY
This is when we fasted the holy month of Ramadhan. I may or may not have gained weight. I also spent a lot of time soothing my ulcer aches. Yes, my salon was still open with my vivacious sister, Zurah, being my main focus weekly, and my mum being a fortnight visitor.

We celebrated no birthdays except my best friend who went to Kimana and my other friend called Jack from Minor Soul. Okay, i may or may not have him as a friend, him and his brother of course, but i like to flatter myself and this is my blog, so let me fool myself in my flattery.

Yes, i also got my results. I am a 4th year now, meaning in a few years, i may be getting my Masters if i work really hard at it. One of my friends is doing his in Australia and i really wanna do the same thing- go for Masters after finishing my Undergraduate as soon as possible.

Then, i finally joined whatsapp.



AUGUST
In the last three days, I have made a new friend thanks to wattpad. I have also talked to Minor Soul and Sautisol a couple of times.

I am working as an Editor-In-Chief for my school magazine and i am also singing on the side. My producer said he was out getting some new production toys. I can not wait to work with him.

I also visited my dentist numerous times. Okay, not numerous, just like four times in a span of two weeks. He just saw me last Saturday. (02-08-2014) 

~*~*~*~*

I lost a friend during this holiday. He became mean and distant. We share a birthday. He insulted my faith and i do not hold it against him. i just hope that somehow he will figure all this out and become the good guy he used to be.

I also lost almost lost a good friend-cum-admirer of mine. Gosh, this has been one of the holidays that has seen a lot of changes and growth... okay, not growth. I have to stop this! 

I can wisely say that i have learned to deal with loss. I lost my chancof going to SFS Kimana (School of Field Studies) somewhere near the border of Kenya and Tanzania. It has a sister school in Tanzania.  I could not stop crying and being stressed about it, but i got over it, eventually, when i realized that Allah has a plan for me. So now, I am waiting for another chance. If i happen to do my Masters here, in Moi University, I just might go for it if i get considered.

I can also wisely say that I put myself to the test and realised i am multi-talented. I am still learning how to rap though. I wanna be like Cher Lloyd. She is so perfect... Okay, now, i have to pretend i can't hear you guys... but i still #ReallyDontCare because I love Demi and Cher.

Now, my hands are sore. I gotta go. I could sleep here but i can't. I have another blog to update. One Direction are coming to South Africa next year. Oh well... I wish I could celebrate finishing my fourthyear there... is that possible? Do i hear a plane ticket and all paid trip whistling in the wind? Yes? plus a concert ticket? Yes?

May the good Lord be with you.

May the forces of the Universe bathe and cover you.

Love,
~Me




No comments:

Post a Comment