Monday, 16 February 2015

Valentines: Not For Me

There was this photo going around on Whatsapp during Valentines... Muslim whatsapp groups posted it, and i am pretty sure it ended up on Facebook.

Earlier today (yes, today) one of my group mates asked me how mine went. (Yes, we are still doing that blasted research! Final stage though.) I told him it went okay. I didn't want to go into a long awkward story about how i found out that a guy who liked me ended up with a friend of mine.

Or sister.

I did not introduce them. Honestly, i didn't see this coming. That guy never told me a thing.

Then maybe, i don't need to know stuff like this. I am too flighty for romance. I can never have what i want when it comes to this department. If you have read both my blogs, by now you will understand why i don't even try anymore. I have decided to go with the flow. And while i am at it, i will start praying to God that he sends a decent man my way.

One other thing i learnt was, Somalis always end up with Somalis. It doesn't matter how sweet you are, how lovely, how pious you are. A full blooded Somali man would rather marry his cousin than marry you. If you are dating a Somali man and you haven't an ounce of SOmali blood in you, woman, walk. Walk and kepp walking. Don't ever look back. You will just get hurt.

Good advice, huh?

*&*&*&*&

Since i am on my final year, running my last few weeks or so in school, anytime i sit down with my classmates, wedding stories begin.

Marriage, babies, the lot.

Funny how no one has spoken about pampers... HMM...

Back to Valentines, there's this guy who has a baby face that i absolutely love. Downside: He is hanging out with too many girls. Okay, fine, so what if the ratio of girls to guys is 2:1 in campus, it still does not justify what he is doing.

Valentines has always been a single affair for me, so, no sweat.

I have currently lost my train of thought.

You can buy me diamond earrings 
then deny-ny-ny, ny-ny-ny, deny-ny
but i smell her on your collar
so goodbye-bye-bye, goodbye-bye

There is a problem though... I don't know why, but something's not right. I have lost my train of thought.

Goodbye-bye-bye-bye.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment