I just recently returned to Twitter to see photos of Nick marrying Priyanka. Yes, I knew he was engaged, but I didn't follow through to find out when they would be getting married.
See, I was about 18 or 19 when I discovered the Jonas Brothers. I got a crush on Joe first, leaving Nick for my sister. However, in the three years leading up to 2018, everything changed. Suddenly, Nick Jonas made it hard for me to breathe when I heard 'The Difference' or 'Champagne Problems.' I don't understand exactly why, but I embraced it.
I always knew he had a thing for older women after Delta Goodrem, so seeing him flirting with Kate Hudson (was it...?) and Priyanka didn't really affect me. I figured he wasn't sure about settling down then. So you can imagine my shock when he proposed to her, then I saw them trending on Google, and before I could get over my sudden job shift, they were married.
I can't swallow my saliva.
I can't breathe.
Nick Jonas, the one guy I have loved since I discovered the Jonas Brothers, the one guy who made me giggle and watch Jonas LA religiously, and the ONE GUY who made me re-watch 'Jealous' more than ten times... Yes, that guy, that one guy ended up with one of my favourite Bollywood actresses.
I am not sad about Priyanka and Nick ending up together. I am a huge fan of PC, to the point that I filter my Indian movies because of her (not that I don't watch as many of them as I can get, but movies PC acts in make me really excited). I think I just have too much going on emotionally at the moment, and I am grappling with the changes while trying to live my life in the most sane way ever.
On the plus side, I have found a new boybands to replace the gaping hole one Direction and Jonas Brothers left in my heart. BTS, everyone's darlings, have made their mark on me. I shall elaborate more on this at my girly blog. See you there!
K-Pop has gotten me through the most chaotic months of 2018, and that makes me a little better. I have been through hell and back. My mum had seen the worst of it, and she has since been calling me almost daily to keep track of me. I am thankful for having her and my dad and both my sisters holding me together when things went the way they went.
Anyways, congratulations to the newly weds, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas.
Meanwhile, I'm here waiting for the change in my life to unfurl like a flag.
No comments:
Post a Comment