I am in a fishy mood today. I guess I am really fed up. So, here goes my address to my dark skinned non-cushitic, non-semitic muslim sisters in the back. How is your seen? Are you strong? Do you get lonely? How are the admirers? Do they make you fear for your life?
Have you started trying to compromise your morals for a spouse?
Yes. You must be surprised by these questions if you,
1. Are not a Muslim girl
2. Are not a non-cushitic, non-semitic Muslim girl
3. Are not an educated non-cushitic, non-semitic, native Muslim girl who got her education
4. Girl, you got all those going on, and you got your receipts with you.
See, as much as we all try VERY HARD to portray a united front, dark skinned unnies and noonas everywhere in the world, with kinky hair, are getting the worst deal in a lot of things.
Being a woman of colour is already hard enough to comprehend. Throw in the terms I used above and the difficulty goes from a hundred to five hundred.
I am speaking with a lot of courage right now, and some pain from distant memories that just keep popping up everywhere in my mind. See, a sister like you just can't have her cake, and eat it.
She can try, but she won't enjoy her 100% self-made cake. The highest percentage? Well, 10 to 20% if she is lucky.
Now, a lot of people will probably get really mad about this when I write it out, but I am going to do it. I am completely fed up of how we are always treated like second or third rate Muslims just because we have darker skin and curlier hair that doesn't measure up to everyone else.
I am not demanding respect. I know I already deserve it. If you just don't see it, then you just don't.
So, why is it a big deal?
1. Skin colour
Your skin is beautiful. India Arie already said it. You don't need to change it. However, because a lot of our *koff* brothers *koff* tend to value lighter skinned women, we are all out here wasting our money on things that kill our melanocytes.
Is it really fair? Is it worth it? Those splotches don't come cheap, but somehow at the end of the day, we still end up on the losing team with co-wives he will use your money to feed, or as a single mum.
Do we really deserve this? Is it a crime to love wholeheartedly?
2. Hair
Hold up, so he told you that he likes girls with long, natural hair, right?
Right.
There are a lot of native Africans with kinky long hair, but these brothers just want to get the kink because they have a kink.
Nope. Your hair is your crown. Do what you want with it. Wear it well. Love it. It will love you back.
3. Team Forever Alone
Sigh.
They got us in chains. They really do.
Funny thing is, our other sisters of the book are treated much better than us. They even get proposals *le sob* and all we get are f**k boys.
F**k boys who take their time to pick out diamond rings and propose to our sisters of the book.
Allah is watching you.
Don't get me started on how the cushitic and semitic Muslim men think we all want their hair and lighter skin colour.
You must really be a narcissist.
And our brothers? The ones we should be in the same boat with? Oh, those Judas Iscariots are busy wooing the other Muslim sisters who are not black.
I can't even be angry anymore.
4. Shaadi Problems
How many single non-cushitic, non-semitic Muslim girls do you know right now?
How many married Cushitic and Semitic Muslim girls do you know right now?
Do the maths.
5. Easy to get into bed with
Audhubillah!
Still, they all think it. Might as well say it here.
A lot of us are classified as the 'easy to get into bed with' simply because everyone believes you are desperate to trap a man with pregnancy or 'you were my first'.
I was called a whore by someone who I refused to date. I wonder who I slept with while he was courting me? It definitely wasn't him. Or was it because I was always on my phone googling terms and notes for my next class?
Hmm. Must have been that.
Christian men have not spared us either. The number of offers to have sex I have gotten just keep increasing the older I get. When I first got a job, I was ordered to get pregnant, and was told that there was ready sperm all around me in case I couldn't get my fiancé to do it.
The nerve.
6. Fetishising
Suddenly, I feel like the Muslim version of Beyonce. *sings 'Single Ladies'*
Do I even have to explain it after the previous point? I am just tired of addressing it.
Also, stalking and texting me pictures of people getting it on to sway me is not going to work. I know a lawyer, and she's as mad as I am.
We are coming for you.
7. Stricter rules
Okay, so because I am a black, learned muslim girl, I can't even speak up when a man at work says something degrading?
Okay. I get it. We are insignificant.
Just wait till I am the boss of y'all. You're gonna regret it 🎵
Any type of unauthorised contact will be sexual assault, and derogatory terms will result in losing your job.
Beware.
°•°•°•°•
This was a post I had been thinking about doing for a very long time. I had to get it off my chest today.
I feel younger now. So, I am going to end this here. See you on my next post inshaallah.
Sincerely,
Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment