so, school's open, meaning it is not a guarantee that i will post daily. however, i promise to try at least each week. if the worst comes to the worst, then in a fortnight will have to do.
so, here is the post i prepared today before supper. i wrote part of it before my class today.
********************************************************************************************************************************
BACK TO SCHOOL
*sigh* it is back to school, again. The weather is freaking
freezing and the company is varied, as usual.
Anyways, no complaining, because the start is supposed to be
happy. I mean, being in college/university has its bonus points. Apart from
acquiring some decent education, we can leave at our own pleasure and text on
our phones, go online if the internet connection isn’t down and the best ever,
visit your favorite shops and stalls any day.
Okay, I know by now you are probably asking, “girl, what the
hell do you go to school to do?”
I answer, “I go to school to study, learn, make my future
life better, and make a few friends.”
Satisfied?
But school has never been fun! Okay, when I think back to my
days in boarding school, it felt like opening day was the day my family
sacrificed me to the school’s administration.
I hate the hassle that comes with ‘back to school’. First,
there are the offers from supermarkets and uniform shops, discounts on shoes in
BATA shops and finally, there is never enough oil, or snacks, or soap, because
everyone grabbed what was on offer with the free gifts stuck on them.
Then getting to school is the next problem. Transport is
either uncomfortable, or the ride has a time tag thingy. You know, either its
too long or too short.
For the record, I like day schools better! I mean, no new
soap to buy, or the smell of new suitcases, bla bla bla.
My problem with opening school means that I no longer have
24 hours all to myself, and that is a depressing thought, considering the fact
that we spend 6 to 7 of these hours asleep. Meaning, the remaining 18 to 17
hours are spent trying to stay awake, study, go to class, talk to yourself,
your friends and text everyone on your contact list, and finally, go online to
update your blog.
The other day, I was too tired to make a typed blog post, so
I started pondering over a vlog, but I decided, nah, that’s gonna eat up all my
internet bundles.
Okay, look at me going on and on about the icing on the
cake! I can’t help it. That is just so me! I love icing more than cake anyways.
(AHEM!)
So, you wonder what the changes are this semester, right? Apart
from rushing to be in the welcoming committee of the first years who will
report once we settle in. Ok, kidding.
Well, I think you will know all that later. Gotta go, my
lecturer just walked in and ¾ of the class is here. I guess the timing is poor.
I spent the previous hour tweeting SautiSol and fangirling about them favoriting
and retweeting my tweets, then I tweeted Zayn Malik my namesake (fangirling
again, CUT IT!) and wishing him a happy Eid in advance. And now its hitting me
that he is in a totally different time zone. How could I forget the world is
round and not rectangular? I guess its coz of being in the global village
formed by the World Wide Web.
While still on the One Direction guys, let me say that I
love them to bits, even if they all turn out gay. It is not in my power to
judge, but to focus on what they have to offer, which is great music. However,
like the legendary Beliebers, their fans are vicious. I mean, it is true that
we defend who we love, but they are so controlling, they drive me crazy.
Beliebers have made me stop listening to Justin Bieber (sorry dude, I did not
love you enough to fight for our love! *eye roll*), and very soon, Directioners
and Directionators might make me stop listening to the five boys. Maybe I
should focus on my locals because I saw Amileena Mwenesi on telly the other
day, looking really cute in a top hat. J
.
Did I ever tell you that Amileena’s birthday is one day
before mine? Still don’t get the drift? She was on 6th March. March
babies are just adorable and cute! Aww!
Okay, back to the issues at hand. . .
How’s the weather? Oh, its been great. That is, if your
definition of great lies somewhere between cold winds and icy rain, with a
heavy topping of dark nimbus clouds. Yes, that is how Eldoret has been of late.
So cold, my feet have been stuck to my bed, and I have been rubbing them
against people. . . okay, you didn’t need to know that.
Oh, and I forgot to add how refreshing it is to sit your
derriere on the cold chair. Uh-huh, it is a life-changing experience.
Do you know what everyone looks forward to on opening day?
Meeting their friends.
I do to, but some old faces are not exactly a welcome sight
to these brown eyes. I mean, I have the weirdest encounters, and meet the
wildest people and some of them are not exactly my idea of a cup of tea. I
mean, they are acquaintances that are . . .you know? They drive you crazy, but
you don’t wanna be rude, so . . . you practice civility and ignore them when
they piss you off.
However, I do have some friends I look forward to every
opening date. My best friends and yes, my roommates. They are so nice. . . okay
this sounds like a diary entry now. Ugh! Let me stop being emotional.
This time, our new academic year comes with new tutorial
group members, and a new tutor. (No personal details) This means, life goes
back to normal, translating to me being popular and playing the role of Queen
Bee.
Did you actually buy the last line? I am not popular, but I
want to be famous someday soon. Sorry for dashing your hopes. Here, have a
tissue.
I am a . . . I will tell you if you ask me. so, if I won’t
get asked, I won’t tell.
Today it didn’t rain! How lovely. It was a little bit too
cold though, and I keep feeling my feet turn purple.
Am I ranting? I hope not. If I am, just listen. I mean, I am
not a nagging wife, but I am pretty awesome company sometimes. I guess I have
my moments.
The story is Back-To-School, and right now, I can’t
understand anything I have written. I hope you have, so that you can explain it
all to me one day soon.
Okay, I go for my Eid/Idd Prayers tomorrow, so I am sending
out this shout out to my Muslim brothers and sisters in the world-> Happy Eid
and may the celebrations be uneventful.
I have to go, it is supper time. My mum will call me soon to
partake in the family meal.
Much love, <3
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment