Thursday, 1 August 2013

Poetry Today: Let it Slide

i am so sorry! i forgot you guys soooo muuuuch! i have a treat for you though. i am uploading a poem. i wrote it today, so, if its a little off, understand. hope you will like it.





Let it Slide
So, I saw you checking her out
But you won’t say a thing,
I ask but you interrupt
Tell me I am dreaming
That no one is better than me, for you,
So, I
Let it slide.

I saw you touch her skin,
Her fingers grazed yours as you danced.
You two looked like you were together when you danced
But you told me, baby its nothing
You must be dreaming
There is no one good enough for me
That is better than you.
So, I
Let it slide

I walked in on the two of you making out on stage
And you were all over each other
Your tongue all the way down her throat
And you begged,
Baby its you, its you,
Its not what you think it is
I love you baby, I love you more,
So as usual, I being the fool
Let it slide.

Its been a year since you kicked me out
She lives in our fancy house
And you let her spend on our matrimonial bed.
You said, baby, things aren’t working out
It has never worked out for three years
I have been seeing her for 15 months
She is the mother of my son.
I am sorry baby, I really am.
I have to let us slide.

Now, I am all alone in this new country,
Well provided for, well taken care of
With our baby-he doesn’t know.
I love our little girl, she has his eyes,
And I thank God for the little bundle every day
My nights are lonely and cold
The people foreign and distant
I wish I had known
I wish I hadn’t let it slide
Right now he is with someone else.
And it is all because,
I
Let it slide.

Let it slide.


love, xoxo
me.


hope you guys have an amazing day. or what's left of it at least.



No comments:

Post a Comment