Thursday, 25 July 2013

IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE, . . . SHUT THE HELL UP!



So, you are probably wondering where I have been the last few days. . . here, there and everywhere.

Okay, lets correct that. I have been bust with writing and reading. First, I joined Fanfiction, (yeiy! Whoop! Whoop! *doing a little dance in my head*) then I did some writing for the sequel of This My Story before I got some major writer’s block, then, finally, I discovered this new site called Wattspad. Or is it Wattpad? Ugh! Even then, it has amazing stories, and I actually got some ideas on what to write about my One Direction scenes. Thanks Wattpad!

What’s this blog post about today? You wonder, right? Good thing you asked my friend! This post is about people minding their own business, like literally!

You are probably guessing that something has pissed me off = me ranting today. You BET!

Actually, I am not really pissed. (This is me expressing my conflicted opinions :-) )

Oh, and go check out the new One Direction Video->>>>for Best Song Ever! if I knew how to post links, I would do it, but I don’t, so, just go to Google/YouTube, then type ‘Best Song Ever-One Direction’ and click on the video. Have a laugh and thank me later.

Away from one of my favorite boy bands, I have a pressing issue to address. Hence my blog post today.

I know, we are always so quick to judge someone when they make a mistake or do something that everyone reckons is a mistake because it goes against the flow. It is human tendency, nature even. But in that moment of blindness, have you ever stopped to think how it would be if you were thrown in front of the gun’s barrel?

I doubt if you did.

Everyone makes choices- to do, to not do, or to bum and try nothing. Yes, choosing to not choose is a choice.

In my twenty one years of life, I have learnt to not eliminate certain scenarios. For example, I used to have a friend who vowed to keep her hair natural till the day she’d die. One year ago, she got it all relaxed and right now, she doesn’t regret making the choice to change her hair do. Of course I ask her about it and she shrugs her shoulders and says that nothing’s permanent.

This doesn’t only go for hair.

Today, at 4.00 am, while having my meal, I went online to find out a little more about Zayn Malik. Or Zain Malik, (Oh my, I share a name with him!) one of the guys from One Direction *blush* and yes, I know he is muslim. I have since I Googled them when I was trying to find out what the hell the terms like ‘Beliebers’ ‘Directioners’ ‘Directionators’ ‘One Direction’ ‘BTR’ ‘The Wanted’ and ‘Arianators’ meant. So, I was pretty interested in finding out more about these guys called One Direction and I went a-looking. I was very surprised to find out that they had my name sake!

Well, I would start gushing about their rise to stardom right now, but this isnot my main focus today. My main focus is how some people can actually find the time and the money to talk badly about someone who is doing what he loves.

And yes, it is about Zayn.

Zayn loves music, and if he is happy, then I think people should be happy he is happy. He earns decent money, his siblings are happy, and his life is easier right now. I have a problem with the people who are cursing him and saying mean things about Zayn not being Muslim.

His background is a little mixed up- I think his mum was Christian, and when it comes to such matters, people tend to forget that it is not as easy as ABC. It is a little conflicting because, first of all, it is not a guarantee that you will go for Madrassa. Secondly, as you grow up, you will never fit in. Thirdly, you will probably get bullied. Fourthly, you will get relief from your problems by working harder on your talents so that you can forget the feeling inside.

I guess that is what Zayn did- worked on his singing. It paid off, because now he is touring with four other mates of his who together form the band (in a sing-song voice) One Direction!

Sometimes, your parents don’t want you to get confused, so instead they instill the belief in you that there is a God, and that you should always pray to Him, because He is the only one who truly understands what you go through. I say, better a believer with no religion, than a non-believer with one.

He said the shahadah. Once someone says the words, “La ilaha ilallah wa Muhammad rasooloolah”, then who are you to question his faith? It is true that some actions leave us like non-believers, but that doesn’t mean that we are not muslim. What matters most is what we believe in,. our renewal of faith and our actions.

So it does hurt when someone goes out of their way to insult the rest of us by saying that someone is not ‘Muslim enough’ or ‘Christian enough’. Just because you have been hearing rumours, it doesn’t mean that he does what the rumour says he does. I have beef with people who tend to think I am not ‘Muslim enough’ because I am a native African, or because my hair is not as soft or as smooth as an Arab’s, of that my pigment is not as light as theirs.

You don’t know how I live my life, you don’t know a thing about me. So stop judging me by the crap you hear. If you don’t know, ask.

If you have never walked a mile in my shoes, shut it! Shut up and live your life!

At least I know I have something to live for. As they say, when a door closes, a window opens. If Zayn’s life is all about music, then let him. Who knows, maybe he will change many people’s lives with it. In case you didn’t know, many musicians and singers have somehow improved the lives of many other people by being themselves. They start charities and help everyone who needs their assistance. Others become ambassadors (I’d like to be made one some day) of change, and they work to eradicate diseases and conditions that hinder growth and development.

As my tweet said, earlier today (my twitter handle is @ynabeesa), leave Zayn Malik alone! If you haven’t lived his life, or experienced his insecurities, then you have NOTHING to contribute to the flames of hate against him. And that applies to everyone else. You have no right to hate someone if you haven’t lived through their experiences.

You will never understand how much it hurts till you feel the pain.

So back off me, Zayn and everyone else who you have been spreading crap about! If you have a problem, just tell him or her personally, not going around tainting someone’s name. As is well known, Karma is a WITCH (I know everyone goes with the ‘Karma is a b*tch’ version, but I use the moderated one.)

And Zayn, for the record, I don’t dig your tattoos. I think you have great skin and you shouldn’t be covering it with dark artificial marks. #JustSaying

Have an awesome day my good people!

Much love,
Me.


oh, and for the record, i love singing too. #TeamZainZayn

No comments:

Post a Comment