Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Exhilaration

well, my silence can well be explained. First, i went to a studio and recorded for the very first time. Then, i got to go to a wedding, and i looked so pretty! then, i made my way through a cold and now... yes, i am still freezing.

I don't really have much to say, coz i have a CAT tomorrow.

I am excited though. I will do a short 'interview' here. Kibanya aka Kigs, this is for you.

oh, by the way, i am signed to Edge Records. And my twittah is @Ynabeesa and you can totally find me there. Okay, not sounding creepy, but, yes its like my official twitter for the future.

okay, so here is the 'interview'
~*~*~*~*
Interviewer will be represented by the italics. my answer will be bold.

I: Hello, you're Zainab and you have recently done a stint with Kibanya G of Edge Records. How is it going?

Me: Hello I! Its been going great! i am still feeling like a firework over here. (Remember Katy Perry's Firework...)

I: Tell us something about yourself

Me: i love music?

I: rather obvious. Anything the world doesn't know?

Me: i am actually scared of microphones. i don't know why, i just am.

I: can you dish anything about your future plans?

Me: yeah. first, i need to read for my CAT on Solid waste, its tomorrow. today is Thursday, right? I would like to do more music both for my soundcloud and for the label. wow, i sound really professional!

I: You like the Jonas Brothers, right? (Zainab nods) well,Tell us something about Jonas Brothers?

Me: well... i was heartbroken when they broke up, yah know? anyway... did you know they are actually brothers?

I: who doesn't know that?

Me: eh... maybe someone? (winks)
 
I: What would you describe your sound as?

Me: i am, in love with what Demi does. And i think that's pretty  much a sum-up. i love Teen pop, soft rock, RnB, some rap that has to be clean. i still wonder what House Music is though...

I: What do you think when you are standing behind the mic in studio?

Me: Oh My God... i just might mess out... Now i am totally freaking out!

I: Do you think anything of the Kenyan Music Industry?

Me: well, they play Demi these days... (smiles sheepily) and i must say its changing. with people like Marly's Flaw, Nick Ndeda, Just a Band, Kibanya G... there is so much more we can do. I will admit i have a bias towards Rock, but that's coz it was the only decent music i grew up listening to. I am a little reserved with Hiphop rap coz yah know...cuss words...

I: What are you doing now?

Me: updating my blog... studying... fake talking you after inventing you... hey, can i go? i'm super tired!

I: (shaking head) well, that was Zainab in studio with us. Do you have a stage name yet?

Me: i don't. not planning on having one either... Sorry. That's just me! (singing) Who said, i can't wear my converse, with my dress, oh baby, that's just meee...! (fades off)

I: Bye!

~*~*~*~*
Yeah, laugh all you want... i admit i am a little insane! Bye Hipstas! that song i ended with was a Demi Lovato song called 'La La Land'. Ok, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment