When I was younger, my mum would look at the lot of us and tell us, with a serious face, that she wanted us to understand that we were different, and even though we did not have many friends, we were unique. She kept preaching that we had to be unique about everything we did, said, or lived.
When I got a little older, and got shipped off to boarding school, i almost lost that identity. However, somehow I found it because, well, sometimes when you are over the edge you seem to see how much bigger the world is. Not how much farther your rocky deathbed is below the cliff.
I have always been a sucker for good language command, especially with the English language. There's nnothing better than watching someone speak to you while keeping all the aitches in place.
I would SO love that.
Anyway, back to the story, a unique person has their own scale of measurement. By that I mean that you cannot measure their essence according to what others have. They set new sets and standards for everyone else. By this, I mean that they are record holders.
How unique do you want to know i am? Well, firstly, I am one of the few people who will tell you the truth and not show you how I really feel.
Crazy but true.
I am also capable of bottling in everything. Just today morning, I came clean with my parents that I had my allergy way before high school. Rhinitis makes the sinuses enlarge when you are exposed to an allergen. This makes it hard to breathe. There are times it is so painful, you find yourself crying. When the blockage happens, no sleeping position seems comfortable.
Once again, back to the story. I hide things and only tell them when I want to. Worst case scenario is when I am on the hot seat and everything has to come out and I am still somehow holding cards to my chest.
Third, I am pretty good at singing, but then, being a girl, I am pretty much bi-polar. So today I am like, "look at me, I can dance and sing" tomorrow i'm like, "don't you DARE tell me I am a good dancer or singer. I am DREADFUL!"
I was told that comes with losing self-confidence. It is probably true, I got loads of self confidence issues.
.
.
.
I am kind of tired. Shall we resume soon?
Away from that, I have this crazy thought about today.
You see, I paid to attend FAMSA (Federation of African Medical Students Association) and today is the last day. I am going to attend it from morning to evening, minus the dinner because, well, I don't even know where I am sleeping, what to wear to dinner and who's going to be my escort.
Apart from that, my escort will probably ditch me anyway. Unless they are loyal or smitten.
No one really is.
I am a blonde too you know!
So, after going through my closet, I found a few options that my mum and my sisters thought were not good for dinner. Eventually, we decided I wear what I am wearing today, but my mum said she'd get me a dress today. I decided today morning that I don't wanna go.
Not because I want to piss my mum off. That is plain mean.
I came to that decision because I realised I don't frigging fit into any clique. I am kind of a wanderer. My uniqueness probably makes it harder for people to sit next to me. -> meal times are meal times. No talking looooooong stories <- Yesterday I went for lunch and found myself all alone in a crowd of people, half of whom I do not know...
This is the one time I habve felt completely alone and lonely. SO much that I wished I had carried a colouring book and a set of crayons or lots of half-filled codewords and crossword puzzles.
That is how sad my life can get sometimes.
Anyway, I am going to keep doing my thing.
.
.
.
Switching into rockstar mode... loading... loading... loaded
I have a few things to say today. They are about my career. If you do not like me singing, then I suggest this is the time you should bail out and go to my next blogpost.
1.) KibanyaG FINALLY got the studio up and running. Big-up to my buddy and producer. I love you too! xoxo
2.) Double The Z got featured on KibanyaG's blog. I didn't see that coming. :-)
3.) "Our Time Is Here" a Camp Rock Cast Cover i did just hit 100 downloads on soundcloud two weeks ago after a year of being there. WOW! Thank you everyone who downloaded it!
4.) MinorSoul were supportive about my videos. Cannot wait to do more
5.) I got featured on CoverBattles for my cover of the incredibly talented Clean Bandit. I sang "Rather Be" and believe me, it was a lot harder than it seemed because it was my first time doing a karaoke song.
6.) I got two fans on Wattpad over my story #SOTH "Slave Of The Heart". They are so sweet!
7.) I continued writing songs... and for some reason i keep thinking that if i made an album, it would be titled "bullets" or something
8.) I found out that I am a rhythmical song writer. I have great command in language and i can make an amazing pop singer. WOW! I was blown away by that synopsis. Then I can't be a good rockstar. I know, super-bummed too.
9.) I have 84 views on my MinorSoul cover, "Beneath My Skin". YEIY!
10.) A friend of mine, actually make that two, love my singing. One of them inboxed me on facebook while the other commented on my link saying he wanted to share it on IG.
I could be famous on instagram!
Okay, i am normal. I was just quoting Jason Derulo from "wiggle"
.
.
.
BYE! Gotta go, this is not my computer, and the wifi is not mine either! BYE!
No comments:
Post a Comment